For many farmers, investing in mealworm breeding can bring them huge benefits. Because Tenebrio molitor has rich nutritional value, and can bring rich commercial benefits to investors. Therefore, it is feasible to start a commercial mealworm farm. Especially in recent years, the successful advancement of the industrialization of mealworm larvae resources has led to an upsurge in the development of insect resources in the society. In the Middle East, Europe, North and South America, Oceania, and other regions, there has been a boom in breeding Tenebrio monitors.
Table of Contents
Usages of mealworm insect
Since you are going to start a commercial Tenebrio molitor farm, you naturally need to know what uses of mealworm insects. Worm larvae has a wide range of uses, which can be summarized in the following: aspects:
- Food. Mealworm is rich in protein, extracted protein, used in chemical products, and food industry.
- Feed. It is mainly used as animal feed for these categories: the 1st category: pets, such as snakes, lizards, etc.; the 2nd category: poultry, like chickens; the 3rd category: ornamental birds, such as parrots.
- Human consumption. Because it is rich in protein, it can be used as a food, such as the mealworm burger introduced in Germany.
- Tenebrio dung sand can be used as feed and organic fertilizer raw materials.
- As a representative species of environmental insects in the field of biological environmental protection, it promotes the development of modern circular agriculture.
- As a biological experimental material, it is used in entomology teaching and scientific research.
How to select a suitable mealworm separator machine?
In commercial mealworm farming, mealworm rearing trays and mealworm screeners are very important. Choosing a very suitable machine is key in commercial insect farming according to your actual needs. Our existing machines are upgraded generation after generation based on market demand. Each has its own unique benefits and performance. Therefore, you can choose the suitable one for your commercial mealworm farm.
The 3rd-generation Tenebrio sorting machine has four simultaneous functions of screening manure, removing skin, separating large and small insects, and selecting pupae and dead insects. The pupae, dead insects and impurities are mixed together. It’s suitable for large and medium-sized breeding bases.
The 5th-generation mealworm separator machine has five simultaneous functions of screening manure, removing skin, classifying large and small insects, selecting pupae and selecting dead insects, and vacuuming. The pupae, dead insects, impurities, etc. are mixed together. It’s suitable for large and medium-scale breeding bases and users who need to sell commercial insects and commercial pupae.
The 9th generation mealworm screening machine can separate worm excrement, worm skin, impurities, pupae, dead worms, large worms, and small worms at one time, and they come out through special outlets. It only takes 9 seconds from feeding to sorting. Besides, the functions can be used separately: one is using all functions while another uses part functions. It’s suitable for large commercial mealworm farms.
How much does it cost to farm mealworms?
To establish a mealworm farm, you need to understand its breeding model. Tenebrio is afraid of the shade, so it is suitable for indoor three-dimensional breeding. This will give you a direction to build a factory. Hence the in-situ venue is at the first expense. Choosing the right field is important. The second is indoor three-dimensional farming. It’s essential to choose the appropriate rearing tray and room temperature. You should control all. There are other minutiae, such as labor costs, machine costs, etc. However, these costs deserve because the commercial mealworm farm will payback.